Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Guest post from Amanda at Mommy is Coocoo

I am tickled pink to have Amanda from Mommy is Coocoo at the Enchanted Oven for a guest post!  Of course, I love the idea of a baker's cabinet and I am sure you will too!

Hello, I am Amanda and I blog at mommy is coocoo. I am thrilled to be guest posting for Lisa today.

My blog is all about fun!  Whether you or laughing about the realities of marriage and motherhood or being inspired to make your every day surrounding lovely, regardless of your budget.  I hope my repurposed baker's cabinet inspires you!

I purchased this bakers cabinet at an antique co-op for $150. I was drawn to the color and shape of this vintage piece (love those drawer pulls!)  With all the different shelves, drawers, and compartments, I knew this cabinet held many opportunities for organization and storage.

The upper section of the baker's cabinet holds:
  • A bowl for change
  •  Cookbooks
  • Some of our special occasion china {by special occasion china I mean a beautiful set of dishes I brought home when Debbie gave me all her old stuff}
  • A basket with cloth napkins {we rarely use  cloth napkins} & wine cork trivets

 


I love the secretary function on this cabinet.  I can close it up when I don't need the extra space but it's very useful when I am trying to hustle my kids out the door with their backpacks, lunches, jackets, drinks, snacks, extra diapers, my phone, keys, coffee, etc... prepare our things each evening for the next day. 

 The middle section of the bakers cabinet holds:
  • Diapers
  • Baby Wipes
  • Everyone's scarves, gloves, and winter hats  (In the summer I switch this winter stuff out for swim diapers, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc...)



I've placed the baker's cabinet close to our primary entrance, which happens to be right beside the kitchen.  In addition to the above storage, the five drawers, two large shelves, and  smaller secretary, function as a mudroom (of sorts) for my family.    
The drawers and shelves hold:
  • several pairs of kid shoes
  • Pearl's accessories 
  • bibs and wash clothes
  • a couple of pairs of mine and Mr. coocoo's shoes


The blue vintage suitcases and whimsical letter S on the top of the Baker's cabinet add a bit of character (not to mention the suitcases can be used for even more off-season storage). 

Thank you for allowing me to share today Lisa!  Your creations certainly inspire me!  To see more of my projects of learn about the whole coocoo family visit mommy is coocoo 

1 comment:

  1. would love foг уοu to bring bаcκ the straωberry flaνour.
    loνe to try it!!!!

    Here is my wеb blog green smoke 510 adapter

    ReplyDelete