Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The black and white cookie revisited



This isn't my first black and white cookie project and probably won't be my last.  To read about my love affair with the black and white, click here.   I was brokenhearted when Starbucks stopped selling them, a few years ago.  Now the only way for me to get my hands on one is to go to New York City. 




Or, I can make my own.  I adore the contrast of black and white, and I could sit all day making the scrolls and swirls of icing - very relaxing for some reason.  I have been meaning to do this design in other color combinations - pink and green (preppy), blue and brown (classic), red and green (ho, ho, ho), yellow and orange (GOOD MORNING!) - my cookie to-do list grows longer by the day.



 My black and whites are pretty and they do taste good, but there is something about the big, soft, lemony round originals that can't be beaten.  Good thing I am headed for NYC this weekend for wedding dress shopping with Genevieve, her mom, and stepmom.  Bridal shops, wining and dining, and girl talk galore!  And in my suitcase to bring back home...a little white deli sack full of black and whites.  Now thats what I call a weekend!

I am linking up with
Eisy Morgan
Ginger Snaps
Making the World Cuter
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Stonegable
Six Sisters Stuff
The Tablescaper
Tidy Mom I'm Loving it
French Country Cottage
My Romantic Home
foodie Friday
House of Hepworths
Somewhat Simple
Between Naps on the Porch
Brambleberry Cottage
Sweet Peas and Bumblebees
Savvy Southern Style
My Sweet Savory
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
Carolyn's Homework
Delicate Contruction
Sweetology 101
I'm Topsy Turvy
Not Just a Housewife
Sugar Bee Crafts
A Stroll Thru Life

24 comments:

  1. These are absolutely incredible. Found your link at Marty's. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies really are lovely! I have ideas like this in my mind, but when my hands try to execute the designs, they fall flat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, these are designer cookies, you need to be selling these with custom orders. If I tried to decorate cookies like this, mine would be gray! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional party going on now. There is a really great giveaway going on with it. I hope to see you soon! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-linky-party-and.html
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen any cookie, this beautiful. I am thrilled you shared this on Let's Do Brunch so I discovered them. They are really amazing.

    I am not on My Sweet and Savory account which is why I am on Bizzy B Bakes. You might want to go down about six post at Bizzy and link up to Bake with Bizzy. This should be all over the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look amazing! They sell black & white cookies at our local Publix grocery store, but they don't look that fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just beautiful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - I featured you today!! - - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, how pretty! They look like you spent hours decorating them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - these look amazing.
    Would love to do these in a range of Sprng colours.
    Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so gorgeous! I wish I would have had them for my "Ooh La La Bridal Shower" they would have been perfect! I guess I will have to start learning how to make swirls! Do you have a favorite recipe that you use for the under frosting and the swirl frosting?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bravo! black and white are my top favorite colors. I always envy those people who can bake. This is a great treat for a dessert buffet for a wedding reception :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are totally unbelievable!! I am a huge fan of black and white damask....these are beautiful.
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing. You should get these in front of the folks at White House Black Market (the clothing store). Such attention to detail. I'm not sure if I would want to eat them or frame them.

    Found you over at Sumo's Sweet Stuff.

    Have a great day rollin' in the blog love! :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look gorgeous! You are very talented to be able to ice them so beautifully! I've never had one of those cookies at Starbucks, but I will definitely be on the lookout for them. Thank you for sharing them with Let's Do Brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow so beautiful!!! :) thanks for sharing! also Designer Blogs is doing a giveaway for a free button on my blog if your interested come check it out!!
    xoxo
    ash
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Following from Sumo‘s Sweet Stuff link party. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog. Hope to see you there.

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are absolutely gorgeous! You are truly talented. Thanks for sharing these beautiful cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are amazing! You have a wonderful talent.

    Thanks for being part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are so beautiful! Saw you over at HOH!

    ReplyDelete