Sunday, August 21, 2011

Birthday plate of cookie love



This birthday love was for a friend of mine.  There are chocolate iced sugar cookies and mini macarons (I had a tough time making them little - got to work on this).  These little macaron treasures are filled with Swiss meringue buttercream laced with a touch of almond extract and chambord - a French black raspberry liquor.  To make them EXTRA special, they are topped with royal icing butterflies and flowers.  In the past I have made my butterflies with white chocolate because they are much sturdier, but I was feeling brave yesterday.  Only one broke, so it was a major victory.  The cookie message was:
















Happy 50th birthday Nancy!  The party girl was resplendent last  night in a tiara complete with peacock feathers - why didn't I bring my camera? 

And as a side note, I am thoroughly opposed to flowers dyed funky colors like the ones I used.  You will hear me rant about poinsettias sprayed with blue and purple glitter this holiday season.  When I saw these babies at the store, I had a large internal battle. The color was SO PERFECT with the cookies.  In the end, the  turquoise colored daisies won and I loved them on the plate. 



Linking with:
Sweet Little Gals
Lolly Jane Boutique
Tatertots and Jello
Sweet as Sugar
Inspiration Friday
Chic on a Shoestring
Tidy Mom
Friday's Unfolded
My Romantic Home
It's a Keeper

Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style
Night Owl Crafting
The Creative Spark
A Stroll Thru Life
Sweetology 101
Funky Polka Dot Giraffe
Today's Creative Blog
Reasons to Skip Housework
Lady Bug Blessings
Stone Gable
Home Savvy A to Z
Dittle Dattle
Masterpiece Monday
The Tablescaper
The Sunday Showcase


14 comments:

  1. Lisa, another phenomenal cookielicious post! My birthday was last Sunday, just sayin' ;-) These flowers rock with the rockin' cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! The cookies are amazing! I bet they are delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing again! LOVE the colors! Happy Birthday Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the cookies and the macarons!!! The chocolate and lavender are beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are little art works!I love the name of your blog and these are inspiring me to bake again!

    Veronica
    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How's your solider doing? I think of him/you/your family often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely gorgeous. What a birthday celebration. Great to have you being a part of Seasonal Sundays. Sorry to be so late in getting to visit.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookie look great

    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous...I am so jealous of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a master cookie artist. Glad that you allowed yourself to get those flowers....the perfect compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lucky friend! Those cookies look absolutely AMAZING!! Thank-you so much for sharing at The Creative Spark!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cookies. You are very talented, visiting from TT&J

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, my birthday just passed but I would take that plate of cookies anytime. What a very special treat. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SUCH a pretty display of cookies! What fun! Thank you so much for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday. We are partying again and I hope you will stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete