Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Left over icing and graham crackers

Four things led to this little project.

Number one: I had a situation developing in my refridgerator.  There were a zillion little containers of left over icing and I had to get rid of them.  Because I am cheap thrifty, I didn't want to just throw them out.

 Number two: in my pantry there were a couple of boxes of graham crackers that looked suspiciously old.  Not bad, just not as fresh as they could be. 

Number three: I was also planning a day of major cooking in the kitchen and so I really didn't want to roll out and bake any sugar cookies.

 Number four:  (and I am not making this up)  I heard an owl hooting in a tree outside my house. 

What is any reasonable person to do?  Make a snack for the kids!




Get it?  Hoo instead of who - I crack myself up sometimes. 




Kind of cute aren't they?




My linebacker 16 year old and his 6' 2" brother who is home for a visit and my field hockey playing daughter are going to descend on the kitchen when they get home from practice.  Hubby will also be here for our after work cup of coffee in the garden.  That's HOO wants a snack.



Sharing this post today with
Tatertots and Jello
Sweets for a Saturday
Chic on a Shoestring
Tidy Mom
Friday's Unfolded
Everyday Tastes
It's a Keeper

Gooseberry Patch
Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Between Naps on the Porch

11 comments:

  1. So cute! Your owls look perfect. I have all those little containers of frosting in my fridge too...lol. This is really a great use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out cute, I'm sure they didn't last long:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a special idea. I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday and shared these with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!
    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!! Love the Owl theme! I wish I had your artistic ability! Thanks for your visit. You asked about piping the Macs. I used to use just a coupler for piping because I couldn't find a tip that I thought was large enough. Well, the other day I was shopping at our new Williams Sonoma, and I found this small box of large tips and one of them was perfect for piping Macs. It is an Ateco 808. As for technique, I just pipe them into little "kisses", no circular motion at all. I also use a template for piping that you can find at www.mooseabout.com. xoxo Jina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kind of cute? No. VERY VERY VERY cute...YES...and then some... GREAT idea w/ the grahams and left over frosting...perfect for a quick little treat in the lunch box although my owls would look like aliens I am sure, but I can dream right? loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I am planning an owl themed party and these would make perfect snacks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love these, Lisa! What a great story! Such a creative mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your are sooooo clever and I love seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This brings back memories for me. I did this for my kids when they were small. Mine just didn't look as pretty as yours, but they sure were good. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete