Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Golf birthday cake and cookies

Yes, I am still alive.
After a little baking burn out, and quite a few home decor projects (repainted the trim on the mail level, repainted the guest room, gave chalk paint a whirl on my dining room set, reupholstered my dining room chairs, and added a touch of vintage French graphics on my buffet), I put together some golf goodies for Mr. Enchanted's birthday.


Aaaagh, the squiggly lines are killing me!



Cake decorating is definitely not my thing.  
The flavors, however, were spot on:
*The Barefoot Contessa's chocolate cake*
*Boston cream filling*
*Swiss meringue buttercream frosting*

Because of my being gluten free, I had to settle for a cup of decaf and a little frosting scraped up off the serving dish.  
Sigh.




And you knew there had to be cookies, right?
I have seen similar designs all over the web, so I can't take credit for the design (same with the cake - my touch of creativity was the cookie-on-stick additions).  I got such a kick out of the sand trap made with gold sanding sugar.  There is one on the cake too, just behind the argyle golf bag.  

I'm cranking out the Valentine cookies now, so stay tuned for some pink and red!

And happy birthday sweetie!

3 comments:

  1. I think it turned out great, Lisa, and you are a trooper. I'd probably cheat :( You have been busy though. I may need to disappear for a bit too and get some things done that I've been putting off. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the аѵailability of so lots of antique home appliаnces, it
    hеlpѕ make it puzzling to ρick out. 1 of itѕ most effective versions iѕ the Bοsch Prοfеssional Vitality Cylinder Vаcuum Clеaner,
    which has сοnvеntіonal, superior stop components to
    genuinely give yοu a supеrіor clean up.
    Various sorts of pгeрaгing utensils аre pretty neсessarу to cook fοоd items.


    Mу website; designer toasters and kettles - freemail9.net
    Here is my webpage ... Related Site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame you cut your husband's face out of the picture. It's my understanding he's quite handsome.

    ReplyDelete