Monday, June 4, 2012

Where have all the cookies gone?

  
I have a problem that has been slowing me down, and it is called
As you can probably imagine, doing detailed cookie decorating has become difficult.  On the down side, I am starting meds that have potential for scary side effects, the joint pain is a constant, my cookie decorating has suffered, and in general it is just a royal pain in the patooty.  
On the up side, I have been using my free time for drawing and painting.  It is not nearly as hard on the hands, plus,  you can easily put it down when you get fatigued, and there is no epic icing cleanup.  It is something I haven't done in quite a while, and it has been fun to get back into it.  
While it hasn't been a party to deal with all this, I try to always remember that it could be something much worse. 
 I am blessed beyond words in so many ways.  




So with that being said, I will still be doing cookies from time to time, baking summer pies (yay!), puttering in my garden, and if I am feeling brave, perhaps sharing some of my art here.  


6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your arts. Post it please....

    causes of joint pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, I hope the medicine helps and alleviates and you don't feel any side effects. I would love to see your art work, and of course, your summer pies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, that is a very very PAINFUL disease. The meds I know are much like chemo...hang in there. Post your artwork please! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your meds do start helping. I would love seeing some of your painting and you are right, it won't be so hard on your hands. I do understand the need to create....I would be lost without it!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your arthritis. Hope you find the right treatment plan. It stinks not being able to create your cookies as much as you would like to but your drawings are wonderful! Would love to see your garden, and can't wait to start my own potato barrel!! xoxo Jina

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I've seen those commercials with Phil Mickelson discussing his bout with this. I have arthritis in my hands and knees but not to this extent. I do hope you will take good care and not force anything.
    Wish I were closer...I'd make a cup of tea for you...or a glass of wine. :-)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete