Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A big sweetheart cookie



Today is my wedding anniversary, and I made this big cookie for my sweetie.



A black background really makes the vibrant colors pop.  




I filled a bakery box with red shredded paper, and carefully nestled the cookie in place.  If you have ever made a large cookie, you know how easy it is to crack the icing...
I always hold my breath when I have to lift it up and set it back down.  




Our wedding day was a high of 37 degrees and pouring rain.
Naturally it was an outdoor event!
Bodies were cold, but hearts were warm :)

P.S.  Mr. Enchanted was a long time bachelor who always proclaimed that it would be a cold day in hell when he got married.  
Hee Hee.


5 comments:

  1. What a beauty this cookie is, Lisa. I see you got married in our favorite month ;) They say it is lucky when it rains on your wedding day. 37 brr but I bet you didn't feel it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a silly, I forgot to add have a very Happy Anniversary!!!! ((hugs)) xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations and this is a glorious cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband admires and loves you deeply. Also thought the "cold day in hell" was accurate and funny.

    Mr. Enchanted

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat neat story....GORGEOUS cookie. Love...nothin like it, huh?

    ReplyDelete