Friday, March 29, 2013

Peanut butter and marshmallow chocolate eggs

This is another of those "I'd better package these up so I don't eat them all in a feeding frenzy" recipes.
Think fluffernutter meets nutella,




and this is their love child.

Peanut butter and marshmallow eggs

1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
12 oz. marshmallow fluff
3 cups powdered sugar
1 package chocolate melting discs

Mix the first four ingredients together until well blended.
Refrigerate till firm (It should have the consistency of playdough).
Form into egg shapes and rechill.  
Melt chocolate discs.  I read a great way to do this to keep the chocolate the perfect temperature for dipping.  I placed the discs in a heatproof bowl and then placed it in my crock pot which was set on high.  I poured hot water half way up the outside of the bowl, and in 30 minutes the chocolate was melted (I was mucking around with the egg forming during this time).  When the chocolate was melted, I turned the crock pot to low and kept the bowl in there as I did my dipping.  A note here:  do NOT put the lid on the crock pot as it will cause condensation that will drip into the chocolate.
That would be tragic.  
After I dipped my eggs, I put them back in the fridge to firm up.  




I put royal icing flowers on top for show.
After I took their picture, I bagged these bad boys up so I wouldn't get into them.  




Happy Easter!

Sharing with

The Charm of Home Feathered Nest Friday

3 comments:

  1. This is a keeper! I would have to package them up asap and get them out of the house, too; otherwise I would be as bad as Lucy was in the chocolate factory. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - I might have to stop following you! I made that wonderful popcorn treat yesterday and, now, you are tempting me with these eggs. I am going to weigh a thousand pounds!!! Seriously, the popcorn is fantastic. I accidentally bought green discs that were flavored with key lime and I actually like the addition of that flavor. I, also, threw in some cashews for my husband. Fortunately, it is all bagged up for tomorrow! Thanks for sharing all these terrific recipes - you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. E couldn't resist and they were deeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete