Sunday, January 15, 2012

Steampunk valentine cookies




I tried in my own words to describe steampunk to my husband, and I could not.  Even though it is a style that I am drawn to - it is interesting, odd, kind of vintage, and for me defied description.  





So I googled a definition, and after reading through several of them, I was still stumped.  Isn't it strange that I can point out an example of it in a heartbeat, but for the life of me not be able to put it into words.

But, I can put it on a cookie.  This is my version of an anatomical heart that has been steampunked.





I am in valentine's day mode and all.  

I finally found a definition at The Clockwork Century that made sense.  It is like a view of the future from the past that never happened.  That got you scratching your head didn't it?  







 Apparently, there is quite a bit of  CONTROVERSY about what qualifies as steampunk and what does not.  Had no idea my icing and I were walking straight into a hornet's nest.    

Hope my little cookies don't make anyone mad  :)





                                                                                 
                                                                                    Pin It


13 comments:

  1. Well I have no clue what steampunk is, but these cookies are so detailed and neat looking! You have done a fabulous job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..your intricate designs keep getting better and better...but can they really?? You are already so fantastic! Thanks for the info on steampunk..it is almost something you feel/understand than can explain. I love going to etsy and seeing what people create for digital vintage downloads there...tons of inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about steampunk and these cookies are it and they are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! You are so talented. Me? I have problems with stick figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies are so awesome. I just love the details. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny I am so loving steam punk right now, even making a costume, your cookies are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! You are full of new ideas! So talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of steampunk. Thanks for the education.

    Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting! I think the cookies are lovely!! Thanks for sharing at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Your cookies were one of the most viewed sweets at last weeks Mrs Foxs Sweets Party and are featured today :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are superb! Really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete