Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sweetie pies




I was in a pie baking kind of mood today.  





And because anything is more fun when it is in an individual portion, I made single serving pies.  

Think fast food pies, but cuter.






I made the Barefoot Contessa's pastry dough and then rolled and cut out heart shapes.  






Next, I made filling out what I had on hand; apples, pears, dates, and a few caramel bits (for fun!).   I cut heart shapes out of the center of the top crusts for venting.





To make them extra special, I painted roses and leaves with food coloring.  Before I slipped them in the oven, I carefully brushed cream on the unpainted areas and sprinkled them with sugar.  

To be cautious, I lightly covered them with foil to prevent them from over browning and ruining the colors.  

Then I gave my sweetie pies to my real life sweetie pies.







Did I just make the first shabby chic pie?







Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I would say yes that is a fabulous shabby chic pie. You are so talented. What a lucky family you have.

    Lovely evening,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to say yes you did! What adorable pies. I bet your family loved them. You are a very artistic baker. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! I love the flowers. So yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the sweetest baked goods I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS x 1 million billion! So so so neat..you got a cool thing going here w/ these, I might have to swipe your idea for my ladies lunch this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute, and yep it's going to be a new trend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love to get one of those for dessert! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this is too pretty to eat. Gorgeous. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly are the first shabby chic baker...oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks gorgeous! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party! Have a Sweet Week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, these are incredibly sweet! I have never seen something like this before. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would say yes! You just made the first Shabby Chic pie!!

    I have missed your posts but I am back from Los Angeles now and trying to play catch up!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that's all I have to say, you have got tons of talent!! Becky

    ReplyDelete