Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Field hockey cookies




Fall sports are over and I am a little sad.  Yes, the constant running around in the car is decreasing, but I really did enjoy watching the kids at their games.  It also kept me busy in the kitchen with preparing treats each week for the varsity and jv football teams as well as the 7th and 8th grade field hockey teams.  That is a lot of baking my friends, but I loved every minute of it.

So for the end of season field hockey banquet, I made sugar cookies styled like the uniforms.  BFF's Isabelle, Grace, and Chloe made sure they got their three jerseys in numerical order.  Girl solidarity and all.





I was still in my happy haze of tie dye cookies, so I decided to make them in little rounds with each of the girl's names to go with the uniform cookies.





Tonight is the birthday party that fueled the 70's fire, so I thought I would share my daughter and her friend Kaylynne in their hippie attire.  Like the white lipstick?  The birthday girl's brave mother had the girls all over on Saturday for a "pre-party" to tie dye their tee shirts.  She deserves a REALLY good mother's day gift next year.




Stop me if I start making tie dye Thanksgiving and Christmas cookies

7 comments:

  1. You are truly into your sports cookies:)And look at this wicked girls;)

    p.s. I am holding nice giveaway on my site till 23rd of November.Everyone is welcome;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls look so cute!

    I love the cookies and can't wait to see what you will be baking up for the holidays!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those girls are awesome ( cookies too goes w/o saying!!!) My Sophia would idolize that...she LOVES the whole hippie thing. Go ahead and make tye died xmas cookies that would be cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cookies! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I have been in the Blogger Burmuda Triangle lately and haven't visited and WOW what I have missed. Of course I love it all ,but I am totally enchanted with your transferware cookies! So fun. i even have those same dishes. I also love the tye-dye cookies -- and of course the pics of the hippies. You are so fun and amazing celebrating the special times of your life with cookies! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa-- I have LOVED following your blog! You sugar decorating skills are out of this world!

    I would like to give you the Triple Cute Blog Award :-) You can get the badge off my site: http://michellebelanger.blogspot.com/2011/11/triple-cute-blog-award.html

    ~Michelle @ The G-Free Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know all the kids are really going to miss these wonderful treats! These cookies are so cute and the girls are adorable. I don't know how you do it! What kind of vitamins do you take? ;-)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete