Monday, November 14, 2011

Peace and Love - mastering the tie dye cookie




I have made tie dye cookies before......badly.  They looked like pretty swirls of color, but not tie dye.

I was a teen in the 70's and I know what it looks like.  Just sayin'.





Just add some love beads and a head band, and we are in business.  The key is pulling the wet icings in a random way and in multiple directions.   MU HA HA!





In an unbelievable stroke of good timing, my best bud Mary (Rosanne Rosanadana) asked me to make some tee shirt tie dye cookies for her son Dylan's birthday for the same week Isabelle's friend Chloe wanted me to make some tie dye cookies for her 70's theme birthday party.

Once again, MU HA HA!





And imagine my delight when I found a bag of peace sign ribbon I happened to have on hand.



Pin It  if it makes your day happy!


Happy birthday Dylan and Chloe!

Linking with
Savvy Southern Style
A Stroll Thru Life
Sweetology 101

12 comments:

  1. Great job- they really look like tie dye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! What a great thing to have at a 70's theme party! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. making an effort to visit my "besties" he he he he...these rock. My daughter is a PEACE and LOVE fanatic (i.e will write a peace sign on EVERYTHING) these are quite awesome and the technique COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these! I'm sure they will be the hit of the party!

    Chrislyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Lisa! These are awesome! I just recently got into making tye-dye shirts for the first time, so these are right up my alley currently! I have been following you since you first started this blog and I want to say, go get 'em girl: I have watched your talent grow, even more, as you keep posting. Your creativity with color & design keep expanding. Keep up the good work!! I'll be watching & reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so much fun. I love the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! They are absolutely perfect!! Love the way you get into baking these!! Mu ha ha!! I'm sure Rosanne Rosanadana loved these!! You never cease to amaze me!! xoxo Jina

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cool! Guess who is making tie dye cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun are these. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfection!! I loved doing the tye dye shirts.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete